Who Are We? Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission is a non-profit, tax-exempt Pennsylvania corporation created in order to provide funding for community organizations, including the Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission, to support community projects, recreational programs and activities and community development projects.
What Do We Do? Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission's goal is to raise funds to renovate existing parks and recreation facilities in the Penn-Trafford area and develop new parks and recreation facilities for our residents to enjoy.
How Can You Help? Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation is asking community-minded organizations and individuals to volunteer, donate materials, labor, and/or time to assist in the completion of these projects.
Why Should You Help? Parks and recreation facilities provide:
- Places for families to hold birthday parties, bridal and baby showers, graduation parties, and anniversary celebrations.
- Facilities for parents and caregivers to take pre-school children for fun activities, outdoor exercise, and early childhood education.
- Places for after-school activities, club meetings, fitness, nature, and fun activities for school-aged children.
- Facilities for life-long learning, fitness, and wellness activities for adults.
- Places for seniors to gather, socialize, participate in activities, and exercise.
Regular meetings of Friends of PTARC are held on the second Wednesday of every other month at 6:30 pm in the Penn Township Municipal Building.
Board of Directors
Michael Ginsburg (chair)
Linda Novak (vice chair)
Susan Sullivan (secretary)
Caityl Gess (treasurer)
Joy Clontz Midge Culig Clarice Salay
Volunteer With Us
Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission
2001 Municipal Court, Harrison City, PA 15636
Linda G. Bires, Executive Director, 724-744-2171 ext. 205